Rio Rapids SC has been serving the Albuquerque and surrounding communities for since 2001. New Mexico’s premier youth soccer club fielding boys and girls players 4 through 19 years old. Rio Rapids Soccer Club is a Non-Profit Soccer Club whose teams participate regionally in the Region IV Desert Premier Regional League, and locally in the Duke City Soccer League. Rio Rapids SC are members of the New Mexico Youth Soccer Association.
The Rio Rapids Soccer Club is part of the Adidas Alliance Program. The Adidas Alliance was established to create a working relationship between existing youth soccer clubs that will benefit soccer development through shared resources. As a member of the adidas Alliance, our players will have direct access to the Colorado Rapids Development Academy through visible scouting and direct coaching and curriculum ties.
Rio Rapids Soccer Club invites New Mexicans to share in what is a very positive era of development in youth soccer. The Club aims to promote a healthy environment, which enables each player to fulfill his or her potential both on and off the field. Players, parents, and coaches should feel confident and comfortable that key areas of development—technical, tactical, academic, personal and social—are the primary concern in each and every decision the Club takes.
Rio Rapids SC Strives to:
- Assist in the development of all Rio Rapids SC players and help provide life skills essential to personal development.
- Create a life long passion for the sport of soccer and a capability to help raise the level of soccer in the Country.
- Afford players of all ability levels the opportunity to maximize their potential.
- Afford players the opportunity to develop levels of outstanding soccer potential, equipping them to play at levels ranging from high school teams to national teams. This is accomplished by the following.
- Developing technical and tactical aspects;
- Providing opportunities and experiences necessary for player development;
- Providing education with respect to the benefits of healthy lifestyle, fitness, and nutrition;
- Supporting personal, social, and academic development; and
- Developing self-discipline and self-respect.
- Play an active role in players holistic development by:
- Encouraging communication between teachers, parents, coaches, and Club staff
- Creating partnerships with parents, schools and college
- Recognize that not all players’ life priorities will be soccer and that the Club environment should act as platform and tool that can assist in the development of the individual to succeed in whatever walk of life they choose.
The Club Makes the Following Commitments to Achieve Its Goals:
- Employ a dedicated team of professionals whose shared goal is excellence both on and off the field;
- Ensure that players will be trained in the latest skills and techniques;
- Provide a coordinated and centralized coaching and administration structure to create continuity in the development of Rio Rapids SC players;
- Create comprehensive monitoring programs covering coaching and educational issues;
- Refine and update any practices that the monitoring has shown need improvement; and
- Establish player and parent forums to encourage parents to play a supportive role to players within the Club.